Guide to using Zoom
We recommend that you access the talk via a laptop/desktop computer or tablet so you can view the speakers screen on a big enough screen but you may join using a smartphone.
If you have Zoom installed
1) Click the link in the email which will open Zoom.
2) Click 'Join with computer audio' when you join the meeting else you won't be able to hear the host and speaker.
Please note: you do not need click on the "Unmute" or "Start Video" buttons. Your microphone will be muted by the host during the talk and you do not need to enable your web camera.
If you do not have Zoom installed
1) If you wish to download Zoom then simply visit this link and download the 'Zoom Client for Meetings'. Once installed follow the 'If you have Zoom installed' instructions above.
Accessing the talk via a smartphone
1) Once installed click the meeting link in the email and the app should automatically start.
2) Click 'Join Audio' button to hear the host and speaker.
Please note: ensure you access the talk via wi-fi else you will use a large amount of your mobile data.
Asking questions during the talk
If a talk will have a Q&A at the end then we will communicate instructions at the start of the talk.
For more detailed information on using Zoom visit their official site here.